Professor and Doctor Gjumrakch Aliev, MD, PhD
"GALLY” International Biomedical Research Institute Inc.,
San Antonio, TX, USA
Professor of Cardiovascular, Neuropathology and Gerontology
Leading Scientist , Institute of Physiologically Active Compounds.
Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow Region, Chernogolovka, Russian Federation
Dr. Gjumrakch Aliev, MD, PhD, President “GALLY” International Biomedical Research Institute Inc., San Antonio, Texas, USA. He also hold appointment with the Institute of Physiologically Active Compounds. Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow Region, Chernogolovka, Russian Federation.
He received his MD in 1982, from the Baku Medical University (former USSR) with cum laude. Then he accomplished his PhD in Cardiovascular Diseases from the prestigious Russian Academy of the Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia in 1988 with cum laude. He received postdoctoral training with Professor G. Burnstock in the University College of the London. He authored and coauthored more than 500 publications in the fields of neurodegenerative diseases research (Alzheimer disease), as well as cardio- and cerebrovascular disease, cancer, and electron microscopy. He is an outstanding teacher, scholar, and a renowned scientist in the area of cellular molecular physiology, and cardiovascular, and neurodegeneration-mediated pathologies including Alzheimer disease (AD). He is nationally and internationally reputed in his area.
Dr. Aliev’s accomplishments in the area of biochemistry and cellular biology have tremendous implications for drug design towards CNS Neurological Disorders, AD, cancer, and cerebrovascular and neurodegeneration related pathologies. He is world-renowned expert in electron microscopy. His work has been published in numerous prestigious journals such as Nature Clinical Cardiology, J. Neuroscience, Scientific Reports, Circulation Research, New England journal of Medicine, Blood, J. Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Atherosclerosis, CNS Neurological Disorders & Drug Targets, International J. Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Scientific Reports and many others which reflect his leading role in his research areas. He is currently the Editor in Chiefs for “Central Nervous System Agents in Medicinal Chemistry”, “Applied Cell Biology”, “World Journal of Neuroscience”, “Open Journal of Psychiatry”, “Journal of Aging Science”, “Cardiovascular & Hematological Agents in Medicinal Chemistry”, “Immunology, Endocrine and Metabolic Agent in Medicinal Chemistry” as well as which by itself shows the voluminous and outstanding work he has accomplished in the area of cellular and molecular biology as well as aged associated clinical sciences. He is one of most cited authors in his fields with high impact factors.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS : From over 310 publication.
1. Bachurin SO, Gavrilova SI, Samsonova A, Barreto GE, Aliev G. Mild cognitive impairment due to Alzheimer disease: Contemporary approaches to diagnostics and pharmacological intervention. Pharmacol Res 2017. pii: S1043-6618(17)30937-4. doi: 10.1016/j.phrs.2017.11.021. [Epub ahead of print].
2. Dzyurkevich MS, Babkov DA, Shtyrlin NV, Mayka OY, Iksanova AG, Vassiliev PM, Balakin KV, Spasov AA, Tarasov VV, Barreto G, Shtyrlin YG, Aliev G. Pyridoxine dipharmacophore derivatives as potent glucokinase activators for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Sci Rep 2017; 7(1): 16072. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-16405-2.
3. Klochkov SG, Neganova ME, Yarla NS, Parvathaneni M, Sharma B, Tarasov VV, Barreto G, Bachurin SO, Ashraf GM, Aliev G. Iplications of farnesyltransferase and its inhibitors as a promising strategy for cancer therapy.Semin Cancer Biol 2017. pii: S1044-579X(17)30044-5. doi: 10.1016/j.semcancer.2017.10.010. [Epub ahead of print].
4. Nammi D, Yarla NS, Chubarev VN, Tarasov VV, Barreto GE, Pasupulati AMC, Aliev G, Neelapu NRR. Systematic In-silico Analysis of Helicobacter pylori Pathogenic Islands for Identification of Novel Drug Target Candidates. Curr Genomics 2017; 18(5): 450-465. doi: 10.2174/1389202918666170705160615.
5. Nemtsova MV, Strelnikov VV, Tanas AS, Bykov II, Zaletaev DV, Rudenko VV, Glukhov AI, Kchorobrich TV, Li Y, Tarasov VV, Barreto GE, Aliev G. Implication of Gastric Cancer Molecular Genetic Markers in Surgical Practice. Curr Genomics 2017; 18(5): 408-415. doi: 10.2174/1389202918666170329110021.
6. Kosenko EA, Tikhonova LA, Alilova GA, Montoliu C, Barreto GE, Aliev G, Kaminsky YG. Portacaval shunting causes differential mitochondrial superoxide production in brain regions. Free Radic Biol Med 2017; 113: 109-118. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2017.09.023. Epub 2017 Sep 28.
7. Baez-Jurado E, Hidalgo-Lanussa O, Guio-Vega G, Ashraf GM, Echeverria V, Aliev G, Barreto GE. Conditioned Medium of Human Adipose Mesenchymal Stem Cells Increases Wound Closure and Protects Human Astrocytes Following Scratch Assay In Vitro. Mol Neurobiol 2017. doi: 10.1007/s12035-017-0771-4. [Epub ahead of print].
8. Raevsky OA, Mukhametov A, Grigorev VY, Ustyugov A, Tsay SC, Jih-Ru Hwu R, Yarla NS, Barreto GE, Aliev G, Bachurin SO. Applications of Multi-Target Computer-Aided Methodologies in Molecular Design of CNS Drugs. Curr Med Chem 2017. doi: 10.2174/0929867324666170920154111. [Epub ahead of print].
9. Zia Q, Azhar A, Ahmad S, Afsar M, Hasan Z, Owais M, Alam M, Akbar S, Ganash M, Ashraf GM, Zubair S, Aliev G. PeMtb: a database of MHC antigenic peptide of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Curr Pharm Biotechnol 2017. doi: 10.2174/1389201018666170914150115. [Epub ahead of print].
10. Svistunov AA, Tarasov VV, Shakhmardanova SA, Sologova SS, Bagaturija ET, Chubarev VN, Galenko-Yaroshevsky PA, Barreto GE, Aliev G. Urotensin II: Molecular Mechanisms of Biological Activity. Curr Protein Pept Sci 2017. doi: 10.2174/1389203718666170829162335. [Epub ahead of print].
11. Tarasov VV, Kudryashov NV, Chubarev VN, Kalinina TS, Barreto GE, Ashraf GM, Aliev G. Pharmacological aspects of neuro-immune interactions. Curr Pharm Des 2017. doi: 10.2174/1381612823666170829135115. [Epub ahead of print].
12. Putta S, Peluso I, Yarla NS, Kilari EK, Bishayee A, Lu DY, Barreto GE, Ashraf GM, Scotti L, Scotti MT, Singla RK, Alexiou T, Atanasov AG, Tarasov VV, Bramhachari PV, Imandi SB, Chintala M, Sharma B, Reale M, Filosa R, Aliev G, Kamal MA. Diabetes mellitus and male aging: Pharmacotherapeutics and clinical implications. Curr Pharm Des 2017. doi: 10.2174/1381612823666170823103830. [Epub ahead of print].
13. Rayavarapu S, Yarla NS, Kadiri SK, Bishayee A, Vidavalur S, Tadikonda R, Basha M, Pidugu VR, Dowluru KSVGK, Lakappa DB, Kamal MA, Md Ashraf G, Tarasov VV, Chubarev VN, Klochkov SG, Barreto GE, Bachurin SO, Aliev G. Synthesis of Saccharumoside-B analogue with potential of antiproliferative and pro-apoptotic activities. Sci Rep 2017; 7(1): 8309. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-05832-w.
14. Martin-Jiménez CA, García-Vega Á, Cabezas R, Aliev G, Echeverria V, González J, Barreto GE. Astrocytes and endoplasmic reticulum stress: A bridge between obesity and neurodegenerative diseases. Prog Neurobiol 2017; 158: 45-68. doi: 10.1016/j.pneurobio.2017.08.001. Epub 2017 Aug 10.
15. Putta S, Yarla NS, Peluso I, Tiwari DK, Reddy GV, Giri PV, Kumar N, Malla R, Chari VB, Reddy D RS, Bade R, Mannarapu M, Barretto G, Lu DY, Tarasov VV, Chubarev VN, Ribeiro FF, Scotti L, Scotti MT, Kamal MA, Aliev G, Rao CV, Perry G, Bishayee A. Anthocyanins: Possible role as Multitarget therapeutic agents for prevention and therapy of chronic diseases. Curr Pharm Des 2017. doi: 10.2174/1381612823666170519151801. [Epub ahead of print].
16. Mishchenko DV, Neganova ME, Klimanova EN, Sashenkova TE, Shevtsova EF, Vystorop IV, Tarasov VV, Ashraf GM, Yarla NS, Aliev G. Chemosensitizing activity of histone deacetylases inhibitory cyclic hydroxamic acids for combination chemotherapy of lymphatic leukemia. Curr Cancer Drug Targets 2017. doi: 10.2174/1568009617666170623104030. [Epub ahead of print].
17. Roohi, Bano K, Kuddus M, Zaheer MR, Zia Q, Khan MF, Ashraf GM, Gupta A, Aliev G. Microbial Enzymatic Degradation of Biodegradable Plastics. Curr Pharm Biotechnol 2017; 18(5): 429-440. doi: 10.2174/1389201018666170523165742.
18. Mitochondrial Permeability Transition Pore as a Suitable Targ e t for Neuroprotective Agents Against Alzheimer's Disease. Shevtsova EF, Vinogradova DV, Neganova ME, Avila-Rodriguez M, Ashraf GM, Barreto GE, Bachurin SO, Aliev G. CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 2017; 16(6): 677-685. doi: 10.2174/1871527316666170424114444.
19. Sawikr Y, Yarla NS, Peluso I, Kamal MA, Aliev G, Bishayee A. Neuroinflammation in Alzheimer's Disease: The Preventive and Therapeutic Potential of Polyphenolic Nutraceuticals. Adv Protein Chem Struct Biol 2017; 108: 33-57. doi: 10.1016/bs.apcsb.2017.02.001. Epub 2017 Mar 22.
20. Barreto GE, Gomez RM, Bustos RH, Forero DA, Aliev G, Tarasov VV, Yarla NS, Echeverria V, Gonzalez J. Approaches of the Transcriptomic Analysis in Astrocytes: Potential Pharmacological Targets. Curr Pharm Des 2017; 23(28): 4189-4197. doi: 10.2174/1381612823666170406113501.
21. Bachurin SO, Shevtsova EF, Makhaeva GF, Grigoriev VV, Boltneva NP, Kovaleva NV, Lushchekina SV, Shevtsov PN, Neganova ME, Redkozubova OM, Bovina EV, Gabrelyan AV, Fisenko VP, Sokolov VB, Aksinenko AY, Echeverria V, Barreto GE, Aliev G. Novel conjugates of aminoadamantanes with carbazole derivatives as potential multitarget agents for AD treatment. Sci Rep 2017; 7: 45627. doi: 10.1038/srep45627.
22. Echeverria V, Barreto GE, Avila-Rodriguezc M, Tarasov VV, Aliev G. Is VEGF a Key Target of Cotinine and Other Potential Therapies Against Alzheimer Disease? Curr Alzheimer Res 2017; 14(11): 1155-1163. doi: 10.2174/1567205014666170329113007.
23. Baez-Jurado E, Vega GG, Aliev G, Tarasov VV, Esquinas P, Echeverria V, Barreto GE. Blockade of Neuroglobin Reduces Protection of Conditioned Medium from Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Human Astrocyte Model (T98G) Under a Scratch Assay. Mol Neurobiol 2017. doi: 10.1007/s12035-017-0481-y. [Epub ahead of print].
24. Mazo NA, Echeverria V, Cabezas R, Avila-Rodriguez M, Tarasov VV, Yarla NS, Aliev G, Barreto GE. Medicinal Plants as Protective Strategies Against Parkinson's Disease. Curr Pharm Des 2017; 23(28): 4180-4188. doi: 10.2174/1381612823666170316142803.
25. Leszek J, Md Ashraf G, Tse WH, Zhang J, Gasiorowski K, Avila-Rodriguez MF, Tarasov VV, Barreto GE, Klochkov SG, Bachurin SO, Aliev G. Nanotechnology for Alzheimer Disease. Curr Alzheimer Res 2017; 14(11): 1182-1189. doi: 10.2174/1567205014666170203125008.